Friday, October 18, 2013

DT Favorites from Our Guest Designer Kathy Raccoosin

Good Morning!
It has been such a fun week with Kathy, and I'm sad to see it end, but before she goes our DT want to thank her for such a lovely time and such Beautiful cards!  

To finish this fun week off, each of our DT chose a favorite of her beautiful work to share with you today 

Hannah's Favorite
Picking a favorite can be quite difficult when it comes to choosing one of Kathy's creations, and I mean that in a good way, all her work is just beautiful! But this particular card really popped out at me.
This reminds me of when you go to the store looking at faux flowers and say to yourself " it looks so real!"(which can occur occasionally, but not often) I mean does this card look handmade to you! This is what hallmark is supposed to be able to do! the details and vibrant coloring put me in awe, of what you can do with paper, stamps, and markers.



Arlene's Favorite
You can really tell all the work she put into this card.  One of my favorites from The Daily Marker  is in June of this year.  Kathy uses her dies and patterns in unusual ways which have a "WOW" factor.  She can put together patterns and colors to create a masterpiece.  This presentation calls to me.  Kathy strives for perfection and meets the challenge every time!

Dawn's Favourite
This card of Kathy's was done in November 2012.  You can see the amazing tutorial on her blog post HERE. 
The roses are so realistic looking and I just love the way she distressed the background.  The centre seems to glow.  As usual Kathy has added all the delightful extra such as the banner and buttons, stitching and Spellbinders edging.

Paula's favourite
When Hannah asked us to choose our favourite card from Kathy's blog I knew that it would be a very hard pick for me.  I see so many gorgeous cards on Kathy's blog that I wanted to pick them all.  Truly Kathy is an amazing artist.  I just love the way she creates scenes with such amazing detail, like she has on this card.  Please stop by her blog & check out all of her other amazing  creations.


All of these are very unique in their own way, and very special, I would recommend becoming a follower of her Blog so you don't miss out

Kathy! Thank You So Much for joining us, is was such an honor to have you as our guest,  your work is so amazing and inspiring. We loved having you.

Hannah and the DCD Design Team

1 comment:

ThePurplePlace said...

I so LOVE Kathy's art and have been following her blog for quite some time. She's one of my all time favorite designers and I absolutely LOVE her coloring skills!!

I think she is so talented and also such a sweet and caring person!!

So excited to see her and her wonderful work featured here! :)