Friday, September 6, 2013

Dreamweaver, Dreamin' the Card!

Dreamweaver – whenever I hear the word, I can’t help but think of the 70’s song Dream Weaver, by Gary Wright.  Do you hear the words humming through your mind? 
"I have just closed my eyes again
Climbed aboard the Dream Weaver train
Driver take away my worries of today
And leave tomorrow behind
Dream Weaver, I believe you can get me through the night
Dream Weaver, I believe we can reach the morning light"




This has nothing to do with the song, but when I pull my Dreamweaver stencils out, I’m ready to pop into song and my creative mood is already popping.  I almost didn't use the light purple cardstock as the background for this dog, but I couldn't stop myself.  Weavin' the dream, I guess.  How TO at the bottom of post.  


Arlene's sample at A Bit of This and That

Enter this month's challenge, CELEBRATE!  Then visit Stencils with Style for your "HAVE TO HAVE" stencils if your local stamp shop (LSS) doesn't carry these stencils.  

I have a confession to make.  I've added several (SEVERAL) stencils to my collection since Dreamweaver Stencils became our sponsors for September because I HAD to HAVE them.  They are a generous company with their marvelous PRIZES for each week of our month long challenge.  

Here's how to make a card just like today's sample.

HOW TO:  First, visit Stencils with Style here to see how to handle your stencils from taking them out of the package so you DON'T BEND them to frosting your cookies.  Yes, FROSTING COOKIES!


1.    Tape Stencil down on all four sides with REMOVABLE TAPE (REMOVABLE)
2.   Your first taped side will be your "hinge" which will be the last side untapped. 
3.       Apply your paste (See Stencils with Style for application).
4.      .Remove stencil by removing tape in the reverse, EXCEPT for the last piece of tape.  LIFT the Stencil up as though it were on a hinge and then remove the hinge and tape.  Then let dry.  In summer, it takes maybe 1/2 hour to an hour.
5.   MATCHING DIE-CUT - Now, adhere a Double-sided adhesive sheet, like Snap N Peel, to         the back of the patterned paper you will use to cut the matching Die-Cut.  (If you don't have         this great stuff, skip & use your regular adhesive).
6.    Die-cut the patterned paper
7.    Adhere to the top of the dried paste in an offset manner so part of the paste shows                      outlining your paper.  

This technique adds depth and a WOW factor to your creation.
Shhh, a secret!  If you read to the bottom of this post, there are three items used to make this card in the prize for this week.

Arlene & the Die Cut Divas

No comments: